The girls of Tau Delta are constantly striving to exceed the expectations. Tau Deltas are constantly recognized and awarded through their scholarship and communities. Here are some examples of the wonderful things that the women of Tau Delta have accomplished:
Katie Adams was recently picked as one of 14 Hess Fellows for this upcoming summer. http://www.bsc.edu/academics/hess/leadership/hcf/index.cfm. She will spend 8 weeks of her summer completing an internship for a non-profit advocacy organization. She will also be working in Birmingham with the Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama. Along with all of this, she was also just offered membership in Phi Sigma Iota, a foreign language honor society.
Ani Missirian-Dill has officially been accepted to Candler School of Theology, Duke Divinity School, Vanderbilt Divinity School, and Yale Divinity School. She was awarded a full-tuition scholarship at Candler School of Theology, as well as, being named as a Turner Scholar at Vanderbilt Divinity School, which is a full tuition scholarship along with a stipend. Next year, she will be pursuing her masters at Vanderbilt.
*Disaffiliated for Recruitment* was nominated for the Vail Scholarship that involves making an artwork or works with a faculty member for two semesters.
Lexi Smith was also nominated for the Vail Scholarship for political science/ international studies.
Amanda Farrell has been featured in a Spanish magazine over this past interim. http://www.hoy.es/v/20110117/badajoz/espia-americana-cocemfe-20110117.html
Every year, awards are given out to outstanding chapters in the BSC Greek community.
- Chapter Academic Achievement Award for maintaining a new member GPA above the Freshman Male or Female for Fall 2010.
- Chapter Academic Achievement Award for maintaining a Active GPA above the active Male or Female for Fall 2010.
- For maintaining a Active GPA above the Male or Female for Spring 2010.
- Katie Adams for maintaining a 4.0 GPA for Spring 2010 and/ or Fall 2010.
- Grace Elliott for maintaining a 4.0 GPA for Spring 2010 and/ or Fall 2010.
- Megan Kopkin for maintaining a 4.0 GPA for Spring 2010 and/ or Fall 2010.
- Mary Elaine Williamson for maintaining a 4.0 GPA for Spring 2010 and/ or Fall 2010.
- Birmingham- Southern College Outstanding Sorority New Member Award to Megan Kopkin in recognition of valuable contributions to the Greek community.
- Birmingham- Southern College Outstanding Emerging Leader Award to Devan Byrd in recognition of valuable contributions to the Greek community.
- Panhellenic New Member Scholarship Award- Honors Day 2011.